Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Resurrection Canyon

After a day of mountain biking I was looking for some good protein, so I got a hold of Luis to meet me for dinner on my night off.  After the meal,  I met my friend Kat while I was leaving the local bar/grill. We chatted for a bit and later had a bonfire with some of her friends in the area.  We made plans on going rappelling down a canyon the next day before I had to go to work.  I picked up some sandwiches the next afternoon and headed on over to pick her up.  Her work called her in to do a quick guide tour so we would have to reschedule.  Instead, we went on out past Big Water to do a quick loop hike down Resurrection Canyon. 




It was a very little known canyon with lots of impressive scenery, hoodoos, and arches.  Interesting sandstone formations everywhere.  It was a rather warm day, and I didn’t have my good camera with me since I was planning on getting dirty.  We explored quite a ways, and tried to find another way out, but were running low on time.  Kat and I jogged part of the way back since it required more time to backtrack.
Chugged the rest of the water and drinks left in the car, blasted the AC on full, and rallied down the dirt road at 55mph.  Hooray for traction control!  I dropped Kat off at her car and she went into work.  I got back to the hotel and got an hour or so of sleep before going on into work.



No comments:

Post a Comment