Ok, so one day I just got back from class and a bit exhausted, so I decided I'd kick back and watch some Simpsons on my computer. All the sudden, a HUGE power surge rocked the floor I was on, and killed all power. Our electrician who has been working downstairs for the past several weeks apparently connected two lead wires or something, and gave the upstairs floor a massive power surge. I smelled burnt electronics. BAD SIGN! I traced the source, it was my surge protector. I unplugged everything, and opened my window. Still I smelled more funky burning smell, and saw in James' room his TV was smoking!!! So after everything calmed down, I was able to take a damage report, and found that all the powersupplies on all 5 computers on the floor were toast. Poor Daniel had a hole burnt through his Pentium4, 2.8 GHz processor. My $80 Logitech 5.1 surround system was toast, as well as other roommates stereo systems.
So, as a safety precaution, I'll be offline for a while until we get things sorted out, and our electrician finishes reading "wiring for dummies"
In the process of trying to get insurance compensation for our losses, but that takes time, and tedious badgering with the greedy insurance whores.
Here are some pics of some of the visible damage.




No comments:
Post a Comment