Departed Bangkok without much trouble. Got on the plane, and nearly immediately fell asleep. I kept my headphones on, and disobeyed the announcer which I'm sure requested I disable or turn off electrical equipment. I woke up briefly to see that they were handing out food, and I got some pasty shrimp dish that didn't taste all that good. I nibbled at it, and devoured the fruit instead. I downed all the liquids and requested more. I then passed out again. A while later I woke up to see that my tray was gone thankfully. I had an urgent need to use the bathroom, and was thankful that the person sitting next to me was able to wake up and move. Even more thankful that the lavatory was unoccupied. Something wasn't sitting right in my stomach. After that episode, I was quickly able to get back to sleep and woke up just as we started braking in the runway. I stammered out and got all the paperwork done for customs. Mike and Kelsey were able to locate a "Stopover City Tour" that took up about 3+ hours for only $40. We signed up, and departed the airport around 9am. We drove off the island and into Seoul. It was refreshing to be driving on the right side of the road once again. Traffic laws seemed to be followed, and there was significantly more order than in Thailand. The city looked modern, clean, and organized. There were several instances where I almost thought I was back in the states if it weren't for the constant reminder of the language. The tour took us to a few spots downtown as we walked towards the temple grounds. The tour was nice and informative, but I wasn't really in a learning mood, so I didn't retain much. I just felt a bit exhausted, and just appreciated the interesting structures. We had lunch at a restaurant that served us some yummy beef noodle dish along with other sides. Metal chopsticks were interesting, but difficult to use on the clear noodles. We took a walk around the city square, looked at some shops, and visited a park that had lots of neat historical nuggets. Got back in the tour van and headed back to the airport. Long flight back, spent most of it asleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment